tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs
14541291

Pontiac grand am: i have a 2000 pontiac grand.am 3.4 ram air.

Customer Question

i have a 2000 pontiac grand.am 3.4 ram air. its bogs down when on jwy or giving hard gas there is.no power ip hill. i have.replcaed the plugs. the tps. the air filter. did a 3 step i replaced tje ets. and cjecked tje convertor by cuttin gtje pipe and.looking at the inside it.looked fine but i.did.not drive it tjat way alsonreplace ipperm02nsensor
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitif you remove the O2 sensor out of the rear exhaust manifold and take it for a quick ride will the power come back ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will try that. i do also have a few codes. P0300. and P1115 and P0118 and P0131 and P1133. it has a new upper 02 sensor and ECT as mentioned

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok remove that o2 sensor and take it for a ride and see if the power comes back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i removed the upper o2. it did not make a differancr. i went ahead andreplaced the ign module all three coil packs and the wires. ues the fireing ordernis correct. no the car wont stay running and is hard to start. i did have access to using a snap on scanner and had it hooked up while.running all.cyl where showing.misfiring however the check engine light never came on... im so confused.. uuughh

Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.
.Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you
from the way you explain the problem,it sounds as if you may have a bad/weak fuel pump,,you need to check the fuel pressure,,these must have no less than 52psi at all times.it may need a new fuel pump
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bnvxbrl5os5isr/0616-grandam-fuel.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/2bnvxbrl5os5isr/0616-grandam-fuel.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i can not open the links.

the links are working here..be sure to put the link in your browser
you may need to maybe use a different computer
thanks