FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Pontiac pontiac vibe: 2006pontiac vibe tail lights,instrument

Customer Question

2006pontiac vibe tail lights,instrument panel lights,and dimmer dial not working. all other lights are ok dash lights are bright.fuses ok. where do ilook to fix...
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. It sounds like you either have a bad dimmer switch assembly or you may have a failure in the body control module which controls these systems. If you have a voltage meter I can tell you how to test them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a voltmeter i replaced dimmer already.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay. I am away from my PC. I will send over some tests later if that is ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok send me the info and i will perform the tests to determine what failed. i need to fix tailights asap thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
In the right hand instrument panel fuse box you will find a relay for the tail lights. It is marked tail relay. When you turn on the lights manually see if you can feel a subtle click from the relay as if it is energizing. If it is not then I need to you remove it and leave the switch on and test each terminal for voltage. That will give me a place to start. You can even switch this relay with a similar relay to see if anything changes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant find relay need exact location of right hand instrument panel fuse box. can you call me @636(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I am searching my database for a diagram of the fuse box location. It is on the far left under the dash. The relay you need is the second one in from the far left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.relay does not click. 2. pulled relay it does operate correctly. no power to rear parking lights. checked with voltmeter. could new dimmer switch be defective ?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
The switch can be defective, but that is not too likely. With the key on and the lights turned on do two of the 4 terminals at the relay connection have power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel and issue credit to my accont. will take car to repair shop. owner assures me he can fix for under$200.00
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure why you rejected my help as I thought we were making progress with this. Since you do not seem to want to go further I will opt out.