Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Torrent: my sun roof is leaking and after car wash

Customer Question

my sun roof is leaking and after car wash my reduced engine power, Traction Control and Check Engine lights are on 2006 Pontiac Torrent. Only drives in L2 and reverse. Wont go in Drive. Tech at car wash checked the codes on the computer and it had P0700, P0120, P1125, P2120, P2125, P2138. There was a lot of water in my car after the car wash. Mostly on the shifter and center console and some on the driver's side and passenger floor.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Some of the codes here are throttle body related.Inspect the throttle body wiring connection and wiring itself for any corroded or damaged wiring needing cleaned or repaired to correct this fault.If any issues are found it will need to be corrected to resolve this here.
If the wiring and electrical connections are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.
The sun roof seal may need replaced as well as it can leak over time but is known to leak under high pressure car washes and according to GM is normal to leak under high pressure car washes.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete