Amedee
Amedee, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Pontiac Grand Am SE: MY POWER WINDOWS AND BLOWER MOTOR WONT

Customer Question

MY POWER WINDOWS AND BLOWER MOTOR WONT WORK. ONE MINUTE THEY WORK FIND, THE NEXT THEY DONT AT ALL. COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY 2001 PONTIAC GRAND AM SE. RIGHT NOW ITS 115 DEGREES IN MY CAR AND I NEED TO GO TO THE STORE.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
It sounds to me like you have a bad ignition switch. This is very common.
Check the voltage on the fuses inside the vehicle. If some of them have significantly lower voltage than battery voltage when this happens, the ignition switch is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
ItsCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT WAS THE IGNITION SWITCH. THANK YOU.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!! I am glad to hear we got to the bottom of it!!
Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you with your vehicle.
It has been a pleasure!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer