GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Pontiac G6: Bill. I've replaced my cat on my 2007 g6 2.4l.

Customer Question

Hi Bill. I've replaced my cat on my 2007 g6 2.4l. I purchased a Dorman exact fit. It bolts right up. I replaced it for a p0420 code. Cleared the code and the light came back on the next day. Checked all the readings on the scanner and could find no other reason for the code to come back on. I had a replacement converter sent to me and have installed it to the same result. The light is back on with the p0420 code. My question is this, 1) is there a pcm flash update to correct this? Or 2) is the aftermarket converter just not capable of meeting the efficiency requirements of the program?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. When viewing live data do you have listing for voltage of lambda bank1 sensor 1 and sensor 2 if so what are they doing when on idle