Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Grand Am GT: I am having a hard time getting the plug

Customer Question

I am having a hard time getting the plug wires removed on 3 and 5. also I have replaced the plugs and wires on the others and it is backfiring
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Make sure the plugs were gapped properly and that the plug wires were installed on the correct coils to spark plugs as incorrect ordering can cause the back fire here.
If you can reach the plug wire boots on 3 and 5 carefully try and twist them slightly while pulling out on them to see if they release then.If this does not work or you cannot reach them let me know.
Thanks Pete