GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Randy - I'm Bob and just installed Read more: http://www.justanswe

Customer Question

Hi Randy - I'm Bob and just installed a new radio in my 2006 pontiac grand prix gxp. Everything worked fine last night so I went to bed. When I went back to the garage this morning, I found that I left the ignition switch on all night and it killed the battery. After recharging, I tried the radio and now it's dead. I have the continuous 12volts to the receiver, but I don't have the ignition switch voltage now. I checked both the radio and Aux power fuses and they're both ok. Any ideas?
Thanks
Bob
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This stock radio does not get ignition switch voltage. Where did you get voltage from when you wired it up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never mind Dan, I think I know what the problem is.
Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BTW - I'm still trying to cancel this thing and having no success. Any suggestions?