Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Pontiac Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Pontiac Grand Prix: I have a pontiac grand prix and i just

Customer Question

I have a pontiac grand prix and i just installed an aftermarket radio now it wont work. I used an aftermarket wire harness and matched the wires accordingly I have no desire to keep chimes on it, and I didnt disconnect my battery what could the problem be with my radio also the radio was a pioneer deh-150mp
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Did you still need help on this?
What is the Brand & Model Number of the Wiring Adapter?
Did the Factory Radio or the Radio prior to this install work?
.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I still need help. The radio before this install worked fine just the display went out. I don't know what brand the wire harness is
.
Problem with not knowing the Wiring Adapter is your 2008 operates from DATA by the vehicle BCM (body control module)to turn it on.
The "correct" Wiring Adapter is a must of the Unit will not work & can cause damage to the BCM, if it is the wrong Wiring Adapter.
Please Test the YELLOW & RED wire of the Pioneer for Voltage + with Key ON.
Be sure the BLUE or BLUE / WHITE wire of the Pioneer & the Wiring Adapter is connected & there is Voltage + on that wire with Key & Pioneer ON
let me know what you find
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't have the blue wire connected to anything on my car wire harness the radio has a blue and white wire but it says system control the one on the car wire harness says power antenna
.
I understand........
Connect those wires from the Radio to the Wiring Adapter
Please let me know if the Pioneer is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connected the blue wire from my car that said power antenna to the blue and white one on the radio that said system remote control and still not working
thanks for the update.........Please verify Voltage + on the YELLOW, RED & BLUE wire with Key ON & Radio Onlet me know what you find