Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Pontiac Grand Prix GT: I have a 2000 grand prix gt. The trunk

Customer Question

I have a 2000 grand prix gt. The trunk release button in the glove box or the factory remote will not work. I can hear a click in the dash but the trunk will not release. I can open it with a key. I have an after market remote start. The remote for this system will open the trunk. The factory remote which I would rather use did open the trunk until yesterday. Whats my prob?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Check the 10 amp B/U lamp relay in fuse box under hood to see if it blown. If not, check to see if the trunk relay clicks when hitting factory remote, if not replace relay. Here is a picture of relay, let me know. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kd1bjdtbs6kyfl/trunkrelay.pdf?dl=0
-