FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Pontiac G6: I have a G6, 2009. Today the car with lock came

Customer Question

I have a G6, 2009. Today the car with lock came on, on the dashboard.my car died, all systems going down the road. I started the car again same thing, died. Any idea on what I'm to do?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. The most common causes of this are either a failing body control module or even more commonly the ignition switch. I have changed more ignition switches on this car for this problem than anything else. Before testing or changing anything I would make sure that the battery is good and that the alternator charging. Also make sure that the battery cables are clean and tight. If they are then suspect the ignition switch. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.