Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 15+ years gm experiance and am very knowledgeable with systems and operations and diagnosis and have access to factory wiring diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Pontiac: , I have a 1996 grand am that starts up fine but

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1996 grand am that starts up fine but it stalls out when the transmission is put in drive. The car will idle perfect. Could this be a TCC solenoid?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more.that sounds very much like a tcc solenoid , also try starting the car and after a few seconds press the brake a few times and see if the engine changes sound , you may have a faulty brake booster that is leaking air and then when shifted into gear the load is too much for the engine so it dies. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉