Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pontiac Sunfire: Hard to start. 02 Sunfire have to give it

Customer Question

Hard to start. 02 Sunfire have to give it gas to start. Sometimes it will run like it has a miss. did it this morning, then when trying to duplicate the issue to troubleshoot, it has run fine rest of the day (except the starting portion). I have turned the key from off to on a couple dozen times and everytime hear the fuel pump kick up. Since there is no schrader valve I havent been able to check fuel pressure. Once it is running (if it isn't one of the times is acts like it has a miss) it runs fine, idles fine, etc; Leads me to believe not a pump issue, but not sure what to check next. Anyone have any ideas?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No further help needed right now. after changing a leaking radiator and water pump it got worse. when I saw white smoke from the tail pipe I checked and found a milky oil dip stick. We both know what that means.......

Glad you got it figured out. The coolant in the oil is going to mean the block is cracked, head gasket bad, or cracked head.