Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 15+ years gm experiance and am very knowledgeable with systems and operations and diagnosis and have access to factory wiring diagrams and tsb's
27644750

The security light in the dash comes on and stays on.. when

Customer Question

The security light in the dash comes on and stays on.. when it does the car will not start until the light goes off,Sometimes it will do it 4 or 5 times before the car will start.Takes about 3 minutes every time before the security light goes off before yu can try to start it again.What could be causing this.Is there a way i can just un hook the built in security feature to fix this problem?
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it comes up on the dash board,it just has the word security lit up in red.I timed how long it stays on before it will go off and let me try to start it again and it takes exactly 3 minutes before it goes off each time.It is really frustrating because i have to do it 4 or 5 times before it will finally start up.It has made me late for my job and it is really embarrasing.Especially when it does it at a gas pump and i have someone waiting behind me to get gas.PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS CAUSING THIS AND IF I CAN SOMEHOW UN HOOK A WIRE OR SOMETHING TO GET RID OF THIS SECURITY FEATURE SO MY CAR WILL START EVERY TIME WITHOUT THIS PROBLEM ANYMORE.THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Here's how to get rid of the issue.
http://www.kingbain.com/how-to-permanently-disable-gm-passlock-system/
Copy and paste that link. If you are good with electronics then this should make sense. If not then take it to a best buy or alarm shop. They will know what you are talking about. It is very common.
Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉