Amedee
Amedee, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Pontiac Solstice: The front end of my pontiac solsctice went

Customer Question

The front end of my pontiac solsctice went in a ditch wiyh water and got water in the oil what do i need to repalce whole mototr ?a mechanic said it was totaled he said wires were rusted and cylinders locked up or something
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Does the engine turn over and start? Or does the engine not turn over at all? Can you get it to start at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all boss
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir it doesnt turn over at all
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Were the spark plugs removed?
What about the starter motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and what about it boss
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
The reason I ask is because if there was water in the cylinders, you can remove the spark plugs and that should do the trick and allow the engine to crank over. I would have him remove the spark plugs just to see if that helps.
The starter motor could be binding up preventing the engine from turning over.. but this is a long shot but it is worth a try. Have your mechanic remove these and see if the engine turns over. If not, the engine is locked up and needs to be replaced.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already boss would the engine be the only thing i need to replace
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
YES, that is correct.
If these things have been done/ruled out, then at this time, the engine would need to be replaced.
Now you could tear it apart and see what component is locked up, but that would be silly to pay the shop labor rate per hour just to see what component is locked up. The cost would most likely exceed a price of a new engine installed. That is why at this point it is best to replace the engine.
Be sure you get one with low miles and a decent warranty. 6 months or a year warranty.
I am glad I can help! Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today.
It has been a pleasure working with you.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Customer