Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

Pontiac Vibe: My GM dealer says my 2009 Pontiac Vibe has a

Customer Question

My GM dealer says my 2009 Pontiac Vibe has a bad cylinder head, causing cylinder #2 to misfire and the Vehicle Stability Control & Traction Control to disengage -dealer says GM recommends removing the engine to replace it, resulting in 16.6 hours of labor - is this reasonable?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
that is the correct labor to R&R this cylinder head
the engine must come out the bottom of the car with the transmission still connected to the engine all in one piece to change this head as there is not enough room to remove the timing cover with the engine in the car
but to answer your question yes that labor is correct and yes the engine must come out to replace the cylinder head