Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Pontiac Sunfire: - we have this exact same problem after

Customer Question

Hi - we have this exact same problem after replacing the whole a/c system (kit from Autozone which included compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, etc).
We tried the jumper pin thing the other asker mentioned but the clutch still did not engage. We feel it is something simple we are overlooking but can't think of what it might be.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the compressor not enguaging can be caused by any of the following,

• Air Conditioner (A/C) Control Head
  • Air Conditioner (A/C) Pressure Sensor
  • Body Control Module (BCM)
  • Compressor Clutch
  • Connector
  • Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
  • Relay
  • Wiring
    In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Run through them and see if this will help you pinpoint the probllem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20clutch%20May%2015.pdf