GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Pontiac grand am se: my 1999 pontiac grandam se recently died

Customer Question

my 1999 pontiac grandam se recently died on me in mid drive. it bogged down, lost speed, started misfiring and idling radically. Had sparkplugs, boots and coils, fuel filter etc.. changed and put injector cleaner into it. car starts right up no more backfiring, however; it stills boggs down if stopped in idle mode, or boggs down at take off. this symptom comes and goes. It will be idling smoothly for about 15 to 20 min, then it starts to miss (hiccup) idle radically then stalls. Car will start up readily, but it keeps repeating this symptoms.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! Did you still need help? Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No codes, just service engine soon, and the TRAC light comes on as it starts to rough idle orig code when it acted up the 1st time was P300 havent any other codes since

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello! If the check engine light is on, there are codes in the computer. Please get me get these codes. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Service engine soon is not the same as check engine light. It only come on when fluids may be low etc. Like i said only time check engine symbol came on was the 1st time it acted up and the code for that was p300 but will scan it again to see if other codes appear. Will let you know.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did the scan and code that cane up was Po326

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for that information. I forgot to ask, what size engine do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2.4 4 cyl

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. However, I do not have a listing for a P0326 code.