Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics

Pontiac Montana: Where is the thermostat located in a 2002

Where is the thermostat located in a 2002 Pontiac Montana and how is it changed
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

The Thermostat is located on the driver's side of the engine, about midway down. If you follow the upper radiator hose to where it connects to the engine, this is the Thermostat Housing. The thermostat is inside. Due to the design of this engine, to access the Thermostat, the exhaust cross-over pipe will need to be removed. I've wrapped up the procedure to replace the Thermostat into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file ((HERE)). Please remember, the website WILL NOT compensate me from your deposit or subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please, Rate your answer to compensate me for my time and info!