ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills

Pontiac firebird ssa: Just bought a 1989 firebird with a 2.8

Just bought a 1989 firebird with a 2.8 ltr and.was getting no spark so I replace the coil and I still have no spark .is there a main fuse possibly ?
The diagram shows that the ignition coil receives power from the ignition switch. The ignition switch receives its power from a fusible link. This same fusible link powers the blower motor on HI. So, if the blower works on high then the fusible link that powers the ignition coil is good.

I suggest we work a little on diagnosing the no spark beginning at the coil and working our way backwards from there.

Do you have a voltage meter or test light?

Do you have 12V to the pink wire going to the coil with the key on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am just buying tI just checked that blower motor and it works on high. I tapped into the pink coil wire and held the other and with my hand and turn it over and didn't feel anything
What did you use to test the pink wire?

It should have 11-15V to it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have a tester with me , I just held that wire that I tapped into the coil wire with my bare hand and did not feel anything .I would think I would have felt voltage right ?
You wont feel 12V it is too low of a voltage to feel. Unlike a spark plug wire which is a minimum of 30,000 Volts.

You will need a test light or voltage meter to measure it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to go now but when I can I will test with voltage tester and thank you for your information
Okay, let me know what your readings are and we will try to get this fixed for you.