ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills

Pontiac Grand Am SE1: 2 weeks ago my car was misfiring. Went

2 weeks ago my car was misfiring. Went through and discovered that my fuel pressure regulator was leaking into my intake. I replaced the fpr and car ran good for about a week. Car has a hard time starting and is idling rough again. My cel came on and said p0131. I replaced my o2 sensor and car still runs rough. I checked the fpr again and it's leaking again. What would cause my fpr to keep breaking.
I have seen some of the cheaper replacement FPR's leak shortly after replacement.

Was it a an AC Delco part?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it was a BWD regulator from Oreilly auto.
I would recommend using an AC Delco or GM genuine part. There are usually built to better specs.

There is not much that can cause the regulator to go bad except the regulator itself.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will contact my gm dealer in the morning. Could a clogged fuel injector cause the FPR go bad?
No, as it will still bypass excessive pressure with the engine off and no injectors turned on.