Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.

Pontiac Vibe GT: Hi, I have a Pontiac Vibe 2009 GT and was

Hi, I have a Pontiac Vibe 2009 GT and was seating in the car and listening to music. The key was in the ignition but the car was not on. Suddenly, the radio started blinking every time picking up the speed of the blinks. Than it resumed the normal work. But in a few seconds it happened again. I turned the key to switch it off, then tried to start the car, but it wouldn't do it'.
Hello and good evening. Everything you just told me indicates that battery voltage fell low. It is very possible the battery was weak and declined under the use of the radio. The fix is most likely replacing the battery. A healthy battery would have held up to the stereo use.

Your JA Expert,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are there any other reasons for it besides the battery?
I don't believe so. You did not have a battery light that you noticed, so the alternator was charging. Nothing would drain the battery that quickly. The most probable reason is a reduced battery reserve that should have sustained the radio. I feel you have a battery that has failed due to a normal degradation. Nothing more.