Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

Pontiac Torrent: My rear wiper does not move any more but you

My rear wiper does not move any more but you can hear the motor running on and on.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

When the rear wiper will not move, yet the motor is running, this can be due to a couple of things. First- let's check the wiper arm mounting nut. At the base of the wiper arm, remove the plastic cap and try to tighten the nuts down a bit more. Inspect the mounting nut stud, and make sure there are no signs of stripping, like little metal flakes or a rounded stud.
graphic
If the nut is tight and won't tighten any more, then the problem will be in the wiper motor/linkage located inside the liftgate door. Unfortunately, it doesn't have servicable parts and will need to be replaced as a unit.
graphic

If you have no further questions at this time, Please remember to RATE YOUR Q&A EXPERIENCE TODAY! Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know where I can find information on how to remove the inside panel on the liftgate?

I can provide that for you! I've wrapped up the repair manual procedure to remove the panel and the wiper motor/linkage into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the file HERE