Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

Pontiac Grand Prix GT: A while back the windshield washer pump

A while back the windshield washer pump stopped working on my 2003 Grand Prix. I thought it may be the actual washer pump as it made no noise when the switch was turned. Now, just yesterday, I used the wipers and they would not shut off. I was able to finally get them to shut off, but the switch is not in the "off" position and the wipers make a sweap every time the car is started. The wipers also do not "park" themselves all the way like they should when they are shut off. Is the probelm in the switch?
Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

The problem is in the pc board inside of the wiper motor in most respects. Put a new wiper motor in. It may be both the switch and the motor in the worst case. the board in the wiper motor is a known problem with the wipers not parking.

If it were my car id just do both parts.