Joel, GM Dealer Technician
Experience:  18 years plus at same GM dealer.

Pontiac Torrent: I own a 2008 Pontiac Torrent and recently

I own a 2008 Pontiac Torrent and recently had the dealer replace the battery. Since then the liftgate locked and won't open and I now have dashboard warnings to Service Stabiltrack and Traction Control - also warning light that All Wheel Drive is off...before I take the car back to the dealer for repair - what is wrong and what should I expect to pay for repair? I am a woman on fixed income and hate to be taken advantage of but it's winter and I want a safe car.

I have to drive to the Grand Rapids airport tomorrow - about an hour and a half trip one way - is the car ok to drive?

Thanks for your help.

Hello and welcome.

Yes, the vehicle is safe to drive. The warning lights are all related to each other and have to do with the traction control light. Still safe to drive.

I would for sure take back to dealer. They may have damaged a wire during the battery replacement, or a fuse blew if you tried to jump start before getting it replaced, or a fuse even could have blown during the battery replacement.

Since these problems all started right after the work was done, they should look at it for free for you.