George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years

Pontiac Aztek: how is the battery removed from a 2005 azte

Customer Question

how is the battery removed from a 2005 aztek
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,

The brace will have to be removed to remove the battery. In addition you will remove the battery hold down bolt. It would be best if you use a settings maintainer to keep the computers happy while you disconnect the battery.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 15+ years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how many bolts are in the brace

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
There are three bolts on the brace, you can see them all so remove what you see and the fuse block will need to be released and moved as well. That is a single bot

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 15+ years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can the battery still be out in if the ignition is still on. when i tried to start the car the key would not turn off the ignition.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will there be any problems if the key in the ignition is in the on position. because the battery was so dead it wouldn't let me turn it off. when the batery is changed

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes you will have problems if the battery is totally dead. This is why I suggested using a settings saver to keep the computers happy.

Try stepping on the brake firmly and rocking the steering wheel as you cycle the key, don't force the key it either will go or it won't.

Let m know what happens

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that did not work will there be a problem if you hook new battery up

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

You will need the power of the battery to have the key release, go ahead and connect it positive cable first then the negative. The key should turn then when you step on the brake.

Let me know if it works for you

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You George I may not know until tomorrow if it worked. being in the midwest our light has turn to dark. with out the battery out yet could you possibly get the code for the battery I know the manual said to use the same type of battery. it's an ACDelco maintainence free battery.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you have the Group 78 battery which is the standard GM side terminal battery. You don't have to have the Ac Delco battery but that is a good choice. An interstate battery would be another.

Please let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Glad to help and let me know if you have further questions when you get around to installing the battery.

Thank you