zzdaryl
zzdaryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

Pontiac Grand Prix: My door locks (all four doors) on my 2008

My door locks (all four doors) on my 2008 Grand Prix will not lock with either the key fob or the door switch. They also don't lock when shifting out of Park like they used to. Have you heard of this before, and if so, how can I fix it? Thanks.
This is usually caused by a blown fuse so you need to start by checking the fuses for the power locks, they are in the right instrument panel fuse box in the glove box. There are 2 fuse the RFA/MOD fuse and the DR/LK TRUNK fuse.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The doors will unlock but not lock. Could the fuses still be an issue? I do hear a clicking noise so I would guess that something is trying to move. What is the clicking noise?

Oh, ok no that is whole different problem. I will get back with you in a minute on what I believe the problem is.

Ok this problem is caused by the BCM (body control module), in some cases the BCM gets what is called a logic lock and disconnecting the battery and touching the cables together (for 1 minute) will fix this problem, if this does not help the vehicle will need to be connected to a scan tool to see what the problem is with the BCM.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, if touching the cable together doesn't work, then I can scan it to see what the problem may be. The scan tool is not a special tool, correct? It is the same one at the auto parts store for resetting DTCs.

If the problem with the BCM cannot be corrected by the scan tool, do you know how much a new one could possibly cost?

It is the tool the auto parts store uses but I am not sure if there tool will read the codes for the BCM but its worth a try, if it does not a repair shop will have to read them. But I believe the battery thing will fix the problem.