Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Pontiac Sunfire SE: My 2002 Sunfire -- TRAC OFF light and Check

My 2002 Sunfire -- TRAC OFF light and Check Engine light came on when I was driving. When I drove again later the same day, the lights did not come on. Any idea what the problem is?
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Its impossible to say what the problem is without knowing the codes, it could have been a loose connection on the crankshaft position sensor which would cause these lights to come on and vehicle stall. Next time lights come on drive directly to your closest auto parts store and they can connect a scantool to tell you the codes for free. With the codes they might be able to tell you the problem if not you can write them down and reply to this answer at any time. Let me knwo if you have any questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So how do I get the codes?

Sorry about not adding that to orignal question Emily, you can have these checked at your local parts store such as autozone, champion, ect. Codes need to be checked with a scantool which parts stores and auto shops have. Sorry there is not a easier way to get codes but the good news this sounds like just a loose connection which should not cost over a couple hundred to diagnose and troubleshoot. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.