Pontiac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Passlock III Relearn Procedure
30-Minute Relearn Procedure
Use this procedure after replacing any of the following components:
This procedure is not available on vehicles equipped with EXPORT configured TDMs.
When replacing a TDM with a GM SPO Replacement Part, ensure the procedure to setup a new TDM is performed prior to the 30-Minute Relearn Procedure.
1. With a master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.
5. ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6. With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and/or the ECM has now learned the fuel continue password.
7. If additional keys are required to be learned, continue to step 7.
8. With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
9. Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key.
10. Within 10 seconds insert the key to be learned. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF. The vehicle has now learned the new key.