Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

GM Aztek: 2001 Pontiac Aztek - trouble codes u1000, u1064,

2001 Pontiac Aztek - trouble codes u1000, u1064, b0077, and b0078. Can all of these be related to the same issue. Just bought a new battery, but the problem persists. Cannot keep a charge. Funky stuff with the interior lights, AC is dodgy, headlights are testy. I read a lot about the BCM being the main trouble here. Does this replacement fix all of the above issues? Thanks in advance for the
replies.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Pontiac problem.

The BCM is likely only the cause of a few of your problems. The BCM controls lighting, door locks, and security functions. The lighting problems and battery draw are likely related to BCM failure.

The A/C system problems will likely be unrelated.

The codes B0077 and B0078 are SIR (air bag) codes. They show that there are problems in the left and right side impact sensor circuits. These problems could be in the sensors, in the wiring, or in the air bag control module (SDM). Some advanced diagnosis will be required to determine the exact cause.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you.

Thank you,
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so this confirms what I suspected about the BCM. Thanks for that. Now, would the BCM also be responsible for the battery's inability to hold a charge? It is brand new, and cannot start after several hours of being jump started (also given that the alternator has been checked and is fine).
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
When the BCM fails on these vehicles, it does quite often keep various circuits powered up, running the battery down. Knowing the history of these vehicles, I would highly suspect that the BCM is also the cause of the drain on the battery.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the help. At least I am more clear on where to begin working.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. Please don't forget to rate my service to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got the job done.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. If you are able, please click the appropriate rating in the box. If you are not able then I will have the system administrators take care of it. Thanks again.