Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

my front right caliper keep locking..hoses...Any

why would my front right caliper keep locking up, I have replaced the caliper twice and brake hoses appear to be fine .Any help would be greatly appriciated
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
when the right front caliper locks up it will lock that wheel ? and when you pull the wheel the caliper is holding the brake pads to the rotor correct?when its locked up and you OPEN that caliper bleeder will the brake unlock?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it is on my daughters car and she tells me that it locks up to the point to where the car has to be accerated steeply to get it to go. I have never had it happen to me so I have not tried releaseing the bleeder. And it only happens to the right front. I feeling it has somthing to do with the ABS system. I can find no porportioning valve so any suggestions?
Expert:  Gary replied 4 years ago.
the proportioning valve is built into the ABS assembly.get the wheel to lock up open the bleeder if the caliper unlocks than either the rubber flex line to the caliper is bad internally not allowing the fluid to flow back when your off the brake pedal or the ABS unit is bad.99% of the time the flex hose is internally bad.another way you can go about it is when the wheel is locked loosen the brake line that connects to the rubber hose is it unlocks then there is an ABS problem.if it will NOT unlock then open the bleeder and if the caliper unlocks its the rubber flex hose