GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

Pontiac G6: car runs..injector..fuses, push gas pedal no response

Hi, getting codes P0030, P0036, P0050, P0056, P0443, U0107, P0102, P0202, P0302, car runs like crap, initially it was just codes P0202 and P0302, replaced #2 injector and plugs and wires, checked all fuses, push gas pedal no response on my Pontiac G6, any suggestions?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The P0302 and P0202 returned after the injector relacement?

Customer:

yes

GM Tech (Cam) :

Ok, do the injectors all have power on pink?

Customer:

what does that mean?

GM Tech (Cam) :

The injector circuit, the P0202 is what we need to concentrate on.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The injector gets full power, 12V with the key on then the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controls the grounds.

GM Tech (Cam) :

If it gets full power then the ground side or the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is at fault.

Customer:

how would you check that?

GM Tech (Cam) :

the power you check with a test light,

GM Tech (Cam) :

Then test the wire for resistance on the other to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). If that is good then replace the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) since it is the last step

Customer:

ok then if thats not good what do i have to do

GM Tech (Cam) :

repair the wire, either power source or the return to the tank

GM Tech (Cam) :

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) sorry

Customer:

So is 202 the primary code and the rest are more or less "symptoms" of that one?

Customer:

and if the PCM ends up replaced will that take care of all of them, or just 202, and then we just start working on the other ones that remain one at a time?

GM Tech (Cam) :

They are related to the misfire.

Customer:

ok, dumb question... just called to price PCM... is it ECM too? They said they dont even have one listed for the car?

GM Tech (Cam) :

ECM is PCM, and yes they should have one.

Customer:

so its an engine control module?

GM Tech (Cam) :

yes,

Customer:

just want to make sure Im looking for the right thing.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Understood.

Customer:

theres ..only one right? so if we replace ECM... problem solved.... ? in theory

GM Tech (Cam) :

If the wiring is good then yes, but we cannot simply jump to that.

GM Tech (Cam) :

With the other codes it is far more likely to be faulty wiring.

Customer:

ok.... now that ive sorted PCM/ECM... if the wiring is bad... what then?

GM Tech (Cam) :

Then you repair the wires, run a new section of repair/seal the one that is chaffed and rubbing.

Customer:

the wires for the injectors?

GM Tech (Cam) :

yes and the other engine sensors.

Customer:

ok which other sensors?

GM Tech (Cam) :

The purge solenoid, Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) sensor, cam sensor and actuators.

Customer:

do you think that the problem that we are having would fall under this recall? 05539A -- PCM INTEGRATED CIRCUIT CHIP DAMAGE - REPLACE PCM

GM Tech (Cam) :

Possibly yes, but you will need to call the dealer to see if your VIN is covered by it.

Customer:

ok... thank you for all of your help, it is greatly appreciated!!!

GM Tech (Cam) :

My pleasure.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Is there more Ic an get you?

Customer:

no, we are good for now, thanks so much.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Please reply back if you need additional help or information regarding this issue. If there is nothing more I can get for you today, then please press ACCEPT If my answer was helpful. You can reopen/reply to this thread directly to me at any time by replying to it and I will respond as soon as I am able. Please keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Be sure to bookmark this page as a favorite (CTRL D on PC and CMD D on Mac) to reply with results or ask more if you need. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.

GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.