Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

Pontiac Aztek: Im looking at an answer for a P0135 error code.

I'm looking at an answer for a P0135 error code. It pertains to a Montana and I'm wondering if it's the same thing for a 2003 Aztek.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. If you need any more on it just let me know. About your vehicle.

They are normally the same across the board on GM vehicles. Howver, they do say to go by the test for the exact vehicle that we are working on.

..

.

2003 Pontiac Truck Aztek V6-3.4L

..

..

P0135
CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
Heated oxygen sensors (HO2S) are used for fuel control and post catalyst monitoring. Each HO2S compares the oxygen content of the surrounding air with the oxygen content of the exhaust stream. When the vehicle is first started, the powertrain control module (PCM) operates in an Open Loop mode, ignoring the HO2S signal voltage when calculating the air-to-fuel ratio. The PCM supplies the HO2S with a reference, or bias, voltage of about 450 mV . The HO2S generates a voltage within a range of 0-1,000 mV that fluctuates above and below bias voltage once in Closed Loop. A high HO2S voltage output indicates a rich fuel mixture. A low HO2S voltage output indicates a lean mixture. Heating elements inside the HO2S minimize the time required for the sensors to reach operating temperature, and to provide an accurate voltage signal. The PCM controls the HO2S 1 heater low control circuit with a low side driver. The HO2S 1 heater diagnostic monitors the current draw through the HO2S 1 low side driver when the engine is running. If the PCM detects that the HO2S 1 heater low control circuit current level is not within the calibrated range, DTC P0135 will set.

...

..

2003 Pontiac Truck Montana V6-3.4L

..

.

P0135
CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the sesor located on the exhaust manifold just as it is on the Montana?
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the H02S-1 is on the exhaust manifold, (rear)...

..

.

graphic