Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

1999 pontiac Grand AM: cooling fans..temp sensor..I jumped the relays

The cooling fans on my 1999 pontiac Grand AM will not come on. I have replaced the temp sensor. I jumped the relays and the fans work. the onlyother relay is the Mode Relay. I found in my manual that the PCM drives the fans. Is there something else to check or is it the PCM (Hope Not).
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Ground dark green wire at pin 5 and dark blue at pin 5 of PCM..This shoud cause both the fans to come on and if so proves wiring is good..Then disconnect coolant temp sensor or turn on AC this should cause PCM to turn on cooling fans if not replace PCM. You can get a used one from to save money. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.