Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How can I program my key fob for 2008 grand prix without taking

Customer Question

How can I program my key fob for 2008 grand prix without taking it to a dealer??? $158.00 last time and itonly workd for 8 months
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. You can try to press/hold the lock/unlock buttons to resync it...If that doesnt work only option is bring it to dealer..If it keeps losing memory it sounds like your keyless entry module may be bad or have a poor connection...If you complain to dealer about it resetting too soon they would probably give you a discount price if not do it for free. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I press and hold the lock/unlock buttons at the same time ???

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
That is correct, press/hold for 10 seconds. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried that and now it won't even unlock the doors or sound the alarm anymore...:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
If I buy another fob on ebay is there someone (besides a dealer that is gonna burn me) that I could get to do it? Believe me , I have lived in this town all my life and the Pontiac place here is rediculous as far as their prices and service go.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately these need to be reprogrammed at dealer...You could call around, maybe some other shops have scantool to reprogram this but not usually...Otherwise maybe you could try closest gm dealer in another town if possible. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Dan.. I just was hoping that there might be some way to do this that wouldn't rape me.!! Now can you tell me, is there any way to at least get it back to where it will unlock the doors and sound the alarm.???
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

You could try to disconnect battery for 10 minutes you can also try to press the lock/unlock button 10 times in row. Let me know, thanks.