GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Is there a quick fix for a leaking intake manifold gasket?

Customer Question

Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.Which is leaking, the oil or the coolant? Oil there really is nothing that will fix this, but coolant you can try some sort of rad leak product to plug it. If you do try something in the engine to seal it, I would consider it a temporary fix at best and still plan to properly change the leaking gasket. They are cheap enough and only take a few hours to change.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cam, this problem has to do with a leaking input manifold gasket. The vehicle is a 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with a 3.4 dual overhead cam engine. The engine RPM surges up and down when idling an lack of power when accelerating. I took it in for an analysis, the result indicated the intake manifold gasket was leaking. Any quick fix possibilities for this problem? No oil or water leaks involved.

That is leaking vacuum then and no, there is nothing like that available so you need to repalce the gaskets for that.