Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

98 grand prix gtp: water pump..The bolt closest..power steering pump

I have a 98 grand prix gtp. I am trying to remove water pump. The bolt closest to fire wall is behind the power steering pump pulley. How do I remove this bolt or remove p/s pump to remove this bolt.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

In order to remove this bolt the power steering pump pulley has to be out of the way.To do this you will remove the entire power steering pump from the engine and set it aside,do not disconnect any fluid lines from it.

Rotate the pulley on the pump to gain access to the two bolts that hold the pump to the block through the holes in the pulley.Then you can loosen and remove these bolts and slide the pump down and out of the way.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Happy Holidays!