Amedee, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

93 pontiac bonneville: check engine..s light comes..intake manifold

Customer Question

93 pontiac bonneville is sputtering and stalls. check engine guage's light comes on when it stall's but the guage's read fine. I checked the intake manifold vacuum hoses to see if they were all connected and they were. this is my grandmother's car i've given it semi tune-up's every year. i mean i've changed the plug's and wire's, oil, oil filter's but never the distributer box thingamagig.the car is not over-heating, but this mourning i checked the anti-freeze again and there was oil at the top of it and inside the cap
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

IS the engine misfiring or bogging down?

Are there any codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
bogging down and i dont know nothing about no codes in the computer. I was go try to get the car to autozone for that purpose. but i'm scared to worsen the condition or that the engine may seize up or blow!
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
If the engine is bogging down, I would suspect a fuel delivery condition.

If the engine is misfiring, i would suspect bad tune up parts.

If your engine is burning coolant, I would suspect a bad intake manifold gasket or bad intake manifold leaking engine coolant into the cylinders causing your engine to misfire.