zzdaryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT: The heater blower quit working..brakes

The heater blower quit working on my wifes 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, it had been slow with coming on and sometimes came on after a jar or hitting the brakes. Now it doesn't work at all. I checked the fuse and it's fine. Possible problems/fixes?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  zzdaryl replied 4 years ago.

There are 2 very common causes of this, one is the blower motor itself the fix is replacement, you can test this by checking for power and ground to the motor is both are present the blower motor is bad. The other is the blower motor resister, it is located near the motor the fix is also replacement it can also be tested but I would need to know if this is a auto system or all manual to give those instructions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  zzdaryl replied 4 years ago.
Ok you need to start by checking for power and ground to the resister, the black wire (terminal A) should be ground and the red wire should be power/voltage, there is a gray and black wire you need to see if the ohms on that wire change as the speed is changed on the controller, if all of this is present and there is not power and ground to the motor then the resister would be bad.