Pontiac Vibe I have a 2006 Pontiac Vibe with a dead battery,

I have a 2006 Pontiac Vibe with a dead battery, OEM battery Hydrometer indicated battery needed replacement. Replaced battery and engine started but the engine seems to be sputtering and/or Vibrating erratically. Might have a bad alternator since battery voltage does not seem to change when engine is running, it just continues to drop slowly. I suspect the alternator is bad but would that account for the vibration in the engine?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX battery voltage should rise to 14.5, when the engine is running, if it doesnt the alternator is not charging, do you have a voltmeter or test light? I can hjel[ you verify the alternator is bad,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a volt meter and I tested the battery voltage both with the engine running and with it off and it never moves off of 13.5volts any additional reading I can take to verify a bad alternator would be great.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
ok, at the alternator, check the white wire and the black abd green wire for 12 volts with the key off
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reading 12.6V
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
ok, start the car and see what voltage is on the yellow wire at the alternator?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
am I supposed to read from the yellow wire to ground? not sure exactly where my meter test points are....I did however turn the car on and had to disconnect the connector with the white red and yellow cables on it in order to read the yellow cable...when I disconnected this connector the engine began to run smooth again then started idling rough again once I re-connected it. Not sure if this information is helpful.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
yes, disconnect the connector and probe the yelow wire, and the black probe on the ground,Tim