GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Pontiac Grand Prix GT How do I replace a windshield wiper

How do I replace a windshield wiper motor in a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix? Do I need to take out the battery to get to the motor? I have below to average mechanical skills. How long should it take?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

I can walk you through this, but first can I ask why you need to change it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The windshield sqirter is not working. I believe the motor is bad. I hear nothing when I press the button to wash the windshield. Reservoir is full of solvent.
So it is the pump motor ot the wiper motor. Do the wipers move when you try to use the wash?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is the pump motor. The windshield wipers work just no fluid comes out nor do I hear anything other than the sound of the wiper blades.
BAsically you remove the inner fender then you can gain access to the pump motor to change it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I count 5 bolts just on the top. Are there more holding the inner fender that I cannot see?
There should only be a few small screws from under it not the large boltst that hold the whole fender on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
O.K. I see two bolts underneath that should get the black rubber covering (is this the inner fender you referenced before?). off. Not sure how easy it will be after that but the two bolts do seem easy to get off. Thanks.