Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Pontiac Diagnostics
18617752

Pontiac grand prix: water pump..the pulley from the oil pump..bolt

Customer Question

im trying to replace my water pump on a 2006 3.8 pontiac grand prix but but it looks like the pulley from the oil pump is keeping from getting the last bolt out what should i do
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

You do not need to remove the pulley from the power steering pump. You need to remove the power steering pump from it's mounting braket and just move it out of the way a few inches to get clearance. No need to remove any hoses or anything. Just remove the mounting bolts and set it aside enough to gain clearance.

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Did you get this image I sent?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

graphic