Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Pontiac aztek: compass..brakes..air filter, and spark plugs

Please help me. My Pontiac Aztec 2001 have the engine light, calibrate compass and service traction system on. The following is done: change oxigen sersors, oil, brakes, disk brakes, thermostat sensor, thermostat and air filter, and spark plugs. Nothing is change
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

These are all unrelated...The traction system warning is likely a failed wheel speed sensor, you can lift each wheel one at a time and see if the sensor puts out voltage while spinning wheel whatever sensor doesnt needs to be replaced otherwise it can be hooked up to a high end scantoo lat shop to check abs codes. The service engine light can be many things if you know the codes let me know otherwise you can get them checked for free at parts store. Here are calibration instructions for compass.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The code is P0327
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
This code is related to the knock sensor, so replace knock sensor and it should take care of check engine light.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the knock sensor was replace and light still on
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Then the next step is testing the wiring going to the sensor and if light is still on crank and cam sensor signals need to be monitored on scantool.