Amedee, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2004 Grand Am...3400 V6.....changing fuel pressure regulator

2004 Grand Am...3400 V6.....changing fuel pressure regulator has 1 o-ring attached (where it goes into the the fuel rail).....does the return line need an o-ring?....bought "seal kit" from GM that has 2 o-rings.....which one for the return line? the big one or the little one?....and where does it mount?...inside the return line nut?....original regulator has none. Old regulator is removed, and I want to get this back together asap.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.

THere should be two o rings. ONe connected to the fuel rail and one on the fuel line going into the bottom of the regulator.

Click here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok...there is an o-ring already on the the new regulator. What I need to know is which size of the 2 o-rings from GM are for the return line. Does it go around the return line inside the threaded fitting, or does it lay inside the threaded fitting?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
It goes around the return line...