Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

1993 grand prix: im looking for a stereo wiring diagram..mounted

im looking for a stereo wiring diagram for a 1993 grand prix GTP. it has the optional door speakers with a separate amplifier that is mounted under the dash
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

I cannot post the diagram but I can tell you which wire is for what for the speakers in your vehicle here.

I need to know the code your vehicle has before I can locate the correct info.

If you open the trunk on the spare tire cover or in the spare tire area there should be a label with some numbers on it.Look to see if you have any of these and let me know.

UQ3
UW4
U66

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok i have to run back to the car then... i have also realized that the front speakers also run in the plug in for the amplifer. when i was trying to figure out which ones were the door speaker the front ones turned on but those are already conmnected
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
O.k.

Let me know when you are ready.

Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi pete that info is not there on the car, just the tire info is there in the trunk lid. all numbers around the vin are still in tack. this car had a factory cd player when new
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
You should have some kind of label with a bunch of numbers on it,if your spare tire has a cover lift the cover and look to see if it is on the bottom side of the cover or the top side.

I can give you the info I think is right but I just wanted to make sure.If you want me to give the info I have I can do that.

Let me know,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i found uw4. i seem to be having a login and passord issue.. says i have register my email before. who do i contact to straighten this out. if possible i would like a copy of your answer sent to my email so i can print it later
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
O.k.

I will direct this to customer service when we are done and the answer should be sent to your email when I post it here.

This is what I have here for these speakers

Drivers front gray wire in pin 5 and tan wire in pin 4 in the amplifier
Passenger front Dark gray wire in pin 2 and Light green wire in pin 1 in the amplifier
Drivers rear shows coming from radio on a brown wire and a yellow wire
Passenger rear shows coming from radio on Dark blue wire and light blue wire

Drivers front door speaker Light green with black stripe at pin 15 and Light green with white stripe at pin 12 in the amplifier
Passenger front door speaker is Light blue with black stripe wire at pin 9 and dark blue with white stripe at pin 6 in the amplifier.

My info doesn't show which is positive and which is negative as most factory diagrams wont show this.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience: 15 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well i accept the answer pete, thought i tried that but probally not properly haha! the site has said i get 30 free days but my login is still messed up. would i be able to ask you another question/
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
You can ask another question if it is related to this here but if it is a different question then it would have to be asked in a new question on this site.

I will let customer service know of the login issue here.

Thanks Pete!