Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

How can I disable the factory alarm in my 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix?

Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

Can you describe the problem on the vehicle is it not starting?

Has the factory wiring and components been put back to original after the after market alarm was removed?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I didn't want my after-market alarm anymore so I had it disabled and removed. Now when I unlock my car door using my key, when I open the door the factory alarm goes off by way of the horn blowing continually until I start the car, then it stops. I want to make it stop doing this indefinitely.

If you unlock the vehicle using the factory remote will the alarm then sound as well or is this only with the key being used that the alarm sounds?

Let me know,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Only when the key is used does the factory alarm go off.

O.k.

It sounds like the wiring to the door wasn't hooked back up or hooked back up correctly as the computer isn't seeing the key being used to unlock the door which should disable the alarm.

The door lock cylinder sends a signal to the BCM (body control module to engage or disengage the alarm).If this signal isn't received by the BCM then the alarm will sound until you use either the remote or until you insert a key in the ignition and turn it on.

If possible I would have the shop or person that removed your after market system re check the work performed to make sure all of the original wiring was put back in place as it sounds like this signal was left out.

One way to by pass it is to lock the vehicle by using the manual button on the door to lock it not the power button or to close the door and lock it with the key.This will keep the alarm disarmed.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!