Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician. 15+ Years experience.

2006 pontiac g6: blower blew the 30 amp fuse

Customer Question

I have a 2006 pontiac g6 that the blower fan quit blowing,,I changed the fuse and 10 secs later it blew the 30 amp fuse again
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Brad replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to!

Most likely the blower motor is going bad and pulling too much amperage causing the fuse to blow, however there is the possibility of a short inside of the body control module or the HVAC control module.

I would unplug the connector for the blower motor and install a new fuse. Turn the blower switch on just like before (except this time the blower won't work) and see if the fuse blows. If not then replace the blower motor.

If the fuse still blows then you'll need some professional help to pinpoint where the electrical short is.

The blower motor is under the passenger side of the dash and is circular. You have to use a utility knife to cut out the old one, but the replacement will bolt in place where the old one was.