Bill, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician

Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 2008 GXP GRAND PRIX. low beam headlights

2008 GXP GRAND PRIX. low beam headlights do not come on. Were working one minute then did not after restart (it was dark). Bulbs and fuses are good but replaced bulbs anyway. No effect. There is a module but no one stocks it. Need to drive home. Only fogs and high beams work. I will go to a dealer but I can not take off work for the full day to do this. Help please.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied with my answers.

There is no override. This is almost always caused by a failure in the HDM module which is in the underhood fuse panel and looks like a relay. I've had one or two body control modules but have replaced many HDM modules for this. It should be around $50 and most any dealer should have one. The HDM module supplies voltage to both low beam fuses.