Pontiac Torrent I need to replace the radio sterieo in a 2008

I need to replace the radio sterieo in a 2008 Pontiac Torrent with VIN 2CKDL43F586004833, which systems will fit in this vechile.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you looking for a factory stereo or an aftermarket?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am looking for factory stereo.
You are limited on factory radios on these, you will need the same part number it came with, in order for the steering wheel controls and the wiring harness to work, there are many options available in the aftermarket that will work, with the steering controls and the harness, why are you replacing this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The digital lighing went out and was told that I had to replace the system, could not be repaired.
we have these repaired all the time, not by the dealer, but by a place in Denver called Downtown radio, they can repair these, we ship them to them and they are usually back within a week, and they are alot cheaper then replacing the radio, usually the charge is between 100 and 200 dollars,they are a Delco authorized dealer and they repair the delocos for us all the time,tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My GM Dealer tells me that it will cost me $250 for radio plus labor to install and program, they get a exchange out of Minnesota. What would be my best option.
if there is an exchange, then this is a rebuilt unit, the same as downtown radio, i would call them and see if they can sell you one cheaper,the number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What aftermarket sterios would fit in the 2008 Pontiac Torrent as a replacement.
there are several that will fit this, i like the kenwoods for featyres and reliability, there are several to choose from, and can come with cd, dvd, and navigation, depending on what you want to spend,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Which ones would you suggest, I don't need the navigation.
i would suggest the kenwood

Kenwood KDC-MP245 it is reasonably priced at around 100 dollars, and is a good basic unjt,Tim

Edited by TIM MOHR on 2/20/2011 at 6:31 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This would plug in without having to change any of the wiring.
they sell the wiring adaptor to make this fit without rewiring it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does this system have to be programed by a GM Dealer.
No, but if you have steering wheel control, they will not control this unit, but will function fine, just no steering wheel controls,tim