17 years GM tech
17 years GM tech, GM master tech
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, 15 years with Saturn
26401883

2005 Grand Prix: XM radio..an Aux input, which my factory radio

My wife just purchased an XM radio for Christmas, and I own a 2005 Grand Prix with CD/MP3 player. Unfortunately, the new radio requires an Aux input, which my factory radio does not have, or an adaptor to connect directly to my radio (professionally installed). Is there any way for me to install this FMDA to my system myself? Or, is there a way to use the Aux feature of my radio?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  17 years GM tech replied 6 years ago.

17 years GM tech :

Hello and thank you for your post. I am a master certified GM tech and can help you to resolve your issue.

17 years GM tech :

Some M recievers have FM modulation as an option for working with your stereo. That would broadcast the signal to a specific station and you would tune the stereo to that station to hear it through your stereo.

17 years GM tech :

If that is not the case then you can buy an FM modulator

The XMFM1 FM modulator lets you send the signal from your plug-and-play satellite radio directly to your vehicle's stereo. The direct connection eliminates the static and interference that can occur when using a wireless FM transmitter. You won't have to find an unused station or switch between stations when traveling to different areas. Just tune to your favorite XM channel, and enjoy excellent sound quality.

Installation of the XMFM1 requires removal of your factory or aftermarket stereo. Then simply plug your factory radio antenna into the adapter and plug the adapter into the antenna plug on the rear of your stereo.

17 years GM tech :

these are inexpensive and can be bought here or anywhere else that sells car audio equipment online.

17 years GM tech :

Hope this helps.

17 years GM tech :

Enjoy the gift!