Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

wipers work on high speed only

Customer Question

wipers work on high speed only
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do my best to help you with your Pontiac problem.

With the key on and the wiper switch on the Low speed setting, test for power on the dark green wire at the wiper motor. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, there is no power at green wire

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.

Test the dark green wire coming out of the combination switch at the large rectangular connector under the dash. Let me know what you find.

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there are 3 green wires coming out, the two light green have power and the one dark green does not.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Is the dark green the second terminal from the end on the thin connector at the side of the larger rectangular connector shown in the picture I provided above?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, it has no power to it
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Use a jumper wire from a power source (pink wire) to this dark green wire with the wiper switch in the Low position and see if the wipers come on. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

jumped from a heavy pink wire to dark green wire & no response

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Did you verify that there was power on the pink wire and that the ignition was on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, the pink wire has power
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
With the key on, test for power on the yellow wire at the wiper motor. If you have power on the yellow wire, jumper the yellow to the green and see if the wiper motor operates. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no yellow wire, there are green, grey, white & purple.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
The schematic shows a yellow wire. This should be the same as your white wire.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already ran it from the white to the green, it does nothing

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I also ran it from the grey wire to green, it does nothing also
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Did the white wire have power?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
If you cannot get the wipers to turn on when jumping the white over to the green wire, then you have a bad wiper control module. This module is under the plastic cover on the wiper motor. This module will need to be replaced.